Surina


She asked me to take a picture of her with her tiger (a hand-me-down from Mallory, who got it from a friend who didn't want it anymore...but I wonder to myself- maybe it was the mom who didn't want it...)
Surina is now 4 1/2 years old and I enjoy her comments daily. She is so inquisitive, but you can't slip something by her, or else she will give you her Spanish Inquisition version.
"Why do we have to have bugs in the springtime?" (she has this supersensitive hearing and can hear bees buzz and mosquitoes hum)
"Why do I have to go to bed? I'm not tired."(after playing outside all day and eating ice cream at Kline's at 9:00 p.m.)
"I will only eat one bite, and if I don't like it, I don't have to eat it, but you do." (the broccoli was mixed in the stir fry-she prefers her food to be separate and not touching each other within 10 feet)
"Why can't I have a cookie before dinner?"(self-explanatory)
"What are balls?" (after Daddy let Rowan ride horsey-style on his knee and Rowan went, "Ow!" and I told Daddy, "Be careful of his balls.")
"I like to wear dresses because I can do this!" (she will lift up her skirt and flash anyone. Thank goodness she has shorts underneath!)
"Why can't Daddy say all those names in the dinosaur book? They are easy to say- Bothriospondylus, Stegoceras, Pteranodon, Gallimimus, Triceratops, Allosaurus, Archeopteryx, Quetzalcoatlus, Yangchuansosaurus, and IGUANODON!" (Surina is in love with dinosaurs of all types and her favorite of the day changes. She likes Iguandon so she can stab people with her thumbs or be Gallimimus and run fast as she can or be Archepteryx and show off her naked butt...)

No comments: