Overall, we all had a good time. The cabin was nice and quaint. The lake was great. The first day, it was cloudy and had some thunderstorms. As the week went by, it was sunny and warm. Only one day, we skipped the lake for the shopping in another town. We went back to Brandon on the last day to see their biggest parade in Vermont to celebrate 4th of July. My battery died just when the parade started, but I’m sure everyone knows what a parade looks like. Surina was hot and said, “I want to go back to the cabin!” Mind you, Surina said she wanted to go back to Nana and Poppa’s apartment all week.
Here are some things I have learned on the trip:
-when you pack for everything and more, chances are those things are untouched the entire week and will still hear those words, “But I’m bored”
-when you pack healthy snacks and such, chances are that someone will say “But I want chicken and fries”, or “I need chocolate”
-when you decide to leave an hour earlier than planned, chances are it will take an hour before you can actually move more than 3 miles before pulling over for something
-when you pass a rest stop sign, it is usually better to go ahead and take the exit, even though the kids say they don’t need to go. Chances are after passing one of them, a mile later, someone will pipe up and say she needs to pee
-when you find yourself needing gas, you look for the nearest exit, hoping it will be “EZ-on, EZ-off”, but chances, you will be going for miles before spotting a gas station and wasting precious time looking for the way back to the highway
-when you are driving with three precious cargos in the car, chances are you will actually cruise at speed limit while other cars are zooming by as if there was no tomorrow
-when you leave to drive overnight, chances are the kids will not sleep through the night on the way up, but on the way down, not one peep out of them, so no point of planning in advance
-because of them sleeping all night, you don’t dare to stop to go to the bathroom or take a break, so you find yourself driving 400 miles or until the gas gauge is close to empty
-when driving at night, you get to avoid the construction delays and the traffic is almost to nothing, but be sure you have someone to watch your kids so you can sleep (when you arrive to your destination). Chances are they will need you no matter what throughout the week
-when you are on Highway 88, a dead zone through the fog, you start to think about the boogeyman. Chances are that your imagination is taking over
-when you are using a bank card to pay, be sure the card is where you can find it again or chances are the card is still at a gas station in Pennsylvania and you just realized that today
5 comments:
LOL these things sure teach you a lesson fast. Did you really leave your card in PA?
Yes, unfortunately I did leave Feta's bank card and just noticed it this morning. He had a wonderful time with the bank over the phone (they don't accept relay calls...sigh). Thought this was the 21st century!
Made me smile and laugh. Sorry about the bank card. And no relay calls??? I can't see how that works out. Hope it's all worked out.
Ouch!! I hope no one had their own Vermont vacation with your bank card. :) haha Welcome back! and also -- I did take care of Feta like I said I would. Hope the fan's working out ok for Mallory.
Life goes on when you lose something-as long as it is taken care of immediately! Harry-Thank you for taking care of Feta :-) The fan is working out just fine-her room is cooler (finally). I really appreciate your help! I know how much fun it is to work with these things.
Post a Comment