Common Sense

Feta and I went on a date last night to see the movie, Hancock. It was open-captioned and we both haven't gone out to the movies for almost a year. Anyways, we were obviously deaf-signing and such and Feta said to the cashier, "Two for the OC Hancock". The lady said something too fast for us to read lips. We said to slow down, but she opted to write it down. She asked us if we wanted the open captioned movie. Hello? Also, we had two coupons for free popcorn and soda (small-but it costs $4.00 >I have an opinion about those prices, but I'll keep it to myself<). We asked to upgrade the drink to a medium (just $0.50). The worker gave us a large popcorn and tried to charge us $5.00 for the drink. Hello? We had coupons... He looked again and was like, "Oh!" However, I didn't want a large popcorn-I wanted small (self-control issues) so I asked them to put the popcorn in a smaller bag. You know what he gave us? He gave us one of those little white bags (that reminded me of barf bags on planes) and I was puzzled. "You mean, you want me to pour this large bag of popcorn into this little white bag?? Without making a mess??" Feta and I just gave up and continued to see the movie with a large bag of popcorn (that is still sitting on our kitchen counter, becoming stale) and a medium drink that was "fixed". We figured after torturing the poor employees at Regal, enough was enough.

On a side note, we enjoyed Hancock. It is a different perspective of superheroes and a love story. I liked that. I didn't understand why critics were so critical, but then again, that's their job. After the movie was over, I remembered why we didn't go to the movie theaters often. The auditorium is small and the screen is large. When they show a movie or previews, I always thank someone that I do not have epilepsy. They try to use so many clips in a limited time, so we are being bombarded with pictures-one after another. Brain freeze!

1 comment:

RJ said...

Boy do I know what you are talking about! UGH