My Summer Projects










We decided (well, I did, but I did ask Mallory if she was willing) to change the purposes of some rooms. For example, the former office is now Mallory's new room. Surina's former room is now the office and Mallory's old room is now Surina and Rowan's new room. I did 90% of the work while Feta was gone at work. Mallory helped some. Rowan helped a bit. Surina helped by staying in the living room glued to the television. Anyways, Mallory's room is a work in progress (it is hard to do anything in her room if she has clothes strewn all over the floor with boxes spilling out contents. I tried to go in her room once but I stepped on so many things, I said, "Forget it."). She wants me to hang her cube shelves in those "squares". I'll do that when she picks up some stuff in her room. She chose a rose for me to paint so I painted those roses for her. The brown paint was done by a bartering deal; someone wanted Feta to fix her computers so I asked if her boyfriend could paint two rooms for us. It worked out great.






Now the kids' room...Mallory was sad to see the tigers go, but I told her if she wanted, I could always paint them again for her. She declined. I made the mistake of asking Surina what she wanted... She wanted SEVEN dinosaurs in all rainbow colors all over her walls. We compromised on two...for now. The dinosaurs are from the book series: How Do Dinosaurs...(Say Good Night? Play with Friends? Go to School?) Now she wants a meat eater in the closet. She said she needed a monster in the closet. Isn't it bad enough that if placed correctly, it will look like the Ankylosaurus will jump on you, or be strangled by the Iguanodon? I asked Rowan what he wanted and at that moment, he said gorillas. I will probably draw two gorillas based on his two favorite books: Good Night Gorilla and HUG, but that hasn't been done yet. Feta needs to be home if I want to accomplish these goals.






See what I mean...................












No comments: