Poor Hershey!










Last Sunday, I decided to take Hershey on a 3 mile walk, just us two. On the way, everything was fine and she got to play in the creek! However, on the way back home, I guess Hershey looked delicious, so a pitbull (he had no collar) decided to go for her throat. Poor Hershey had a halti on and couldn't fight back (but I doubt she would have since she is so gentle) and I kicked the dog. I guess I was weak or he was just strong-willed because I had no impact on him. Thankfully, the three owners took him off Hershey and she ran off. When I found Hershey again, surprisingly, I saw no evidence of damage (only blood on my hand). The next day, she didn't seem herself, so I took her to the vet. Sure enough, she had a boo-boo on her neck. The first day, it seemed nothing but a few days later, you see in the picture- nice ooze. Don't worry folks- Animal Control has charged them with a "dangerous dog" thing (cuz it wasn't the first time for that dog!) and I will go to court July 1st. Will keep you posted.




No comments: