Christmas

Our Christmas was nice and simple. It took a while for ALL the kids to go to sleep the night before, of course. The girls woke us up at 6:00, 6:30 and finally at 7:00 a.m. we were willing to get out of bed for the girls' sake. Rowan was not thrilled being wakened up, but that was soon forgotten when he saw one of his favorite toys under the tree. Surina enjoyed her new book collection and Mallory was thrilled to have her cordless phone. I think it was a good thing because now, I can actually see her around the house, instead of holed up in her room, talking to her friends. She cleaned her room as a gift for me for Christmas. I was thrilled to see the floor in her room. Also, she wrapped things that she had borrowed from us (and never returned) as gifts. It was wonderful and creative!

Feta declared Christmas was over at 9:01 a.m. when the tree went outside to make room for Surina and Rowan's playhut and tunnels. I think that's a record for us-getting rid of the Christmas set-up within the hour after opening presents. Oh well :-) I have always liked space.

1 comment:

TobyF said...

Must run in the family. I remember one Christmas where Feta borrowed a book from me Christmas eve, and I found myself unwrapping it the next day...