A Secret For Parents


Hey, parents out there... I bought a cookbook called, Deceptively Delicious (by Jessica Seinfeld). I got to sneak in vegetables without Surina knowing it, thanks to the book!
The first 3 years of her life, she loved all kinds of fruits and vegetables. Then one day, after she turned 3, according to her, vegetables and fruits were horrible, terrible, no-good, and very bad. It was a constant struggle. "Just one bite." "No vegetables, no dessert." You name it, I had done it all.
At my wit's end, I saw the cookbook in an aisle and was like, "Hmm? Pureed vegetables in regular foods." Believe it or not, it tasted good. Of course, my mini-me claims she can taste cauliflower in the mashed potatoes or carrot in fruit punch. She saw me prepare the whole thing in the first place, so I think it is all in Mallory's head. Now I have to try something strange...pureed spinach in brownies or broccoli coating for chicken nuggets...Will keep you posted on that...

No comments: