How can anyone pack "lightly" for a mini vacation in Vermont with three children?! Today, I am sorting things out and figuring out what we really need. I think the problem is that since my parents moved to a smaller apartment, we are staying at this cabin I am renting from a man and I have no idea what the place is like! Mom did explain to me that we shouldn't drink the water there and she thinks there is a TV. She will provide the bedding for our two beds (so guess who's sleeping with me). Lucky Feta is staying in Virginia since he has to work and tend to the animals. He better have no excuse of being "tired" when we arrive home!
My goal is to pack lightly and just what we need, nothing more. Let me see... Rowan needs a playpen to sleep, special seat to eat, equipment for food and milk, clothes, diapers, blankets, alarm (for night time wakings), along with Surina who needs just a bit more-toys, her special night time turtle, lullaby music, 2 blankets, clothes and did I mention, more toys? I bought a lot of art supplies to surprise the girls with, even though we will be at the lake the majority of the week, but I have this mentality- "what if it rains". Because we are living right on the lake, I need tons of towels, sunblock and bug spray. I can't forget that the weather is probably cooler there so I will have to pack for two different kinds of weather. There is no washer and dryer so I can't just pack 4 shirts and just wash them again during the week. I could go the old fashioned way and wash by hand and hang dry. I could do that...going "green", but in reality...yeah right. Also, I will have to make sure I bring the camera, battery, camcorder and back ups along with my pump and its battery pack (requires 8 AA batteries since the adapter died from overuse) so Nana can feed Rowan while I nap or escape from the children. Mallory said she is packing her own stuff, so I am backing off and letting her pack and hopefully she didn't forget anything. However, I did spy her packing a blanket inside a backpack that I could have put Surina's entertainment stuff in too, but no... Oh, yes, that reminds me, I better pack the DVD player for the trip along with DVDs. No, I didn't forget about packing food and snacks for the trip and post trip. Can you believe it? I am packing lightly! The four of us will leave, probably on Friday (evening'ish'...yes, I'm driving alone for 10 hours [providing there is no construction stalling me] all night) so we can arrive there on Saturday to check in around noon. We will come back, probably July 6th and soon after, I will post all pictures of the adventures we experienced that week.
4 comments:
Elf- That is really packing lightly. ;) Have fun in Vermont.
Wow. good luck!!
I know your pain--the "what ifs" of packing are the killer (what if it rains, what if its really hot, what if its freezing...) Along w/ the needs of food, toys, etc.
Be careful driving by yourself--10 hours is a lot!
Whoa Nellie, I feel tired just listening to the things you need to pack! And, I agree... be careful driving and have fun. If your pager works, yay, page me from time to time!
RJ
Harry here again ---
Have a great trip, Erin! I'll keep an eye on Feta for ya!
Post a Comment